A city tour in Visby. Visiting different parts of Visby during the day, Almedalen (where they have the yearly politic week in Sweden), the old pharmacy, the main square and other. In the evening mother and I also found time for the forest of the north, the coast and also some raukar.
Amazing facts learned during city tour:
1. Buildings in Visby are from the 13th century and people live in them! They have had some problems with insurance companies who don´t believe them when telling the age of the living.
2. Visby was a transhipment port during the hanseatic time.
3. Visby suffered alot from digerdöden (think it is called the black pest or something like that) where half the population or as much as two third died.
4. Gotland used to be Danish for some time but was reclaimed by Swedes later.
5. Almost all churches are catholic churches and there is about one hundered. Almost all are medieval and from the 13th century. The church of Fårö is not.
Canon 5D Mark iii, 50 mm 1,8 f Canon lens and eding in Lightroom.